Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Life - Birmingham


Last weekend I went to stay my sister for a few days in Birmingham. We had a wonderful weekend and did lots of fun things. On the Friday I went to watch my sister perform in the chorus of the CBSO at the Birmingham Symphony Hall. The concert was a celebration of music by Lerner and Lowe conducted by the amazing John Wilson. The night was really great and the orchestra and singers performed lots of great songs from musicals My Fair Lady, Gigi, Camelot, Brigadoon and Paint your wagon.

On the Saturday we did a small amount of shopping, although my still injured foot prevented us from doing as much as I would have liked. Instead we decided to spend the afternoon at Marco Pierre Whites restaurant at the top of the Cube, and enjoyed prosecco and desserts whilst admiring the amazing view across the city.

In the evening we enjoyed a delicious curry at Blue Mango restaurant just off Broad Street before heading to the O2 academy to see Two Door Cinema Club. The band were really good and we had a great night dancing and singing along, if you get the chase go see them. They were supported by south London band Bastille, who are also definitely worth a watch and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment