Pages

Monday 24 December 2012

Life - New Balance



Recently I have been absent from my blog and I have let life get in the way of posting. Over the past year I have developed pain in my left foot which has become progressively worse, and, finally has resulted in me requiring surgery to repair the damage, which occurred last week. 

The pain became unmanageable and started to prevent me from doing the things I love; dancing, blogging and wearing heels, of all heights! Even my go to comfy high tops with inbuilt heel became too much for me to endure. That’s where my sartorial problems started. 

I didn’t realise quite how restricted I would be without a heel. I found myself stood, staring perplexed into the depths of my wardrobe hoping for inspiration to strike me. I hadn’t realised how integral heels were to my outfits and suddenly I noticed the void in my footwear, that is the lack of flat, winter appropriate shoes.

This lack of boots and shoes has left me flummoxed and my attempts to adapt and adjust outfits have fallen short. Silver ballet pumps, whilst pretty and a versitile summer staple have proved, neither warm, waterproof nor supportive for a foot injury, and I feel are best left for a warmer climate.
So in an attempt to rectify this absence of appropriate shoes, I followed in the footsteps of other bloggers (a few months behind I admit) and purchased a pair of retro new balance trainers.  While suede is not the perfect material for rainy weather it is a step in the right direction to warmth and comfort. Hopefully these will help me bridge the gap and begin to fill the deficit until I can get back into my heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment