Pages

Friday 14 December 2012

Fashion - Sparkles





Last week I went out for a lovely meal with my husband and some close friends at Rockliffe Hall. We ate at Kenny Atkinson at the Orangery and enjoyed the 7 course festive tasting menu with wine pairing. As we were celebrating friend’s birthdays and a job promotion we started the evening with cocktails in the lounge. I chose an amazing cocktail created for the diamond jubilee; it was a champagne cocktail with a sugar diamond dropped in when served to create a fizz.  The meal itself was fabulous, the flavours and combinations were a taste sensation and the pianist created a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. Highlights of the meal for me were the partridge terrine, goose, cheese course (obviously) and the plum sake, which smelt of Christmas! We ended the evening with more cocktails and coffee and lots of delicious sweet petits fours.

For a splendid evening of celebration and indulgence, an outfit of equal prestige was required.... and so the big guns came out... The Manolo Balhniks. The Sedaraby d’Orsay pumps were a dream of mine, until a trip to New York close to my twenty first birthday, when my dream came true. The elegance and femininity of the shoe is perfection, coupled with the dazzling sparkle of the buckle, they make my heart melt. The dress is by Cos and to increase the glitz and glamour I accessorised with my most twinkling jewellery.

Dress - Cos
Shoes - Manolo Balhnik

Charm Braclet - Thomas Sabo

No comments:

Post a Comment